SQL Agent Insight version 0.22
Everything that happens in an Insight is captured within the log tab. It can get very verbose, and if there is a problem with an Insight, the log is the first place to investigate.
The Insight log will capture events with a date and time stamp and include the following:
- Configuration settings loaded and applied.
- Configuration settings changes including maintenance, long running jobs and notifications.
- Critical threshold breaches showing their polled value versus the configured threshold.
- Threshold value changes done via the Insight Configuration.
- Any communication errors that might happen with the underlying SQL instance.
- Heartbeat messages.
The Insight log can be very verbose and have many entries. The search functionality in the upper-right allows for instant filtering of the data to find the search criteria quickly and easily.
There are two (2) options accessible from the Insight toolbar by selecting the “More options…” button.
COPY FILTERED INSIGHT LOG TO CLIPBOARD
Selecting this option will copy all visible records to the clipboard for use outside of SQL Agent Insight.
CLEAR ENTIRE INSIGHT LOG
This option is irreversible and will delete all records in the log. A new record stating that the log window was cleared manually is logged for future reference.
Currently in version 0.22 there is not an option to automatically save the log file contents to file. This feature is coming in a future release.