SQL Agent Insight:Roadmap
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Interested in knowing what I'm working on or thinking of implementing for the next version of SQL Agent Insight? Read more below.
In Development / Researching
- N210330-1 : Azure SQL managed instance support
- E210228-3 : convert entire SQL Agent Insight project to .NET 6
- N210821-1 : Insight : new job metric showing successful jobs that have failed steps in the history.
- E210725-1 : Preferences : omit asking to create suspend/resume jobs when opening Job Monitor.
- N210913-1 : UI : implement column chooser for all data grids with a significant number of columns with ability to save layout.
- N210818-1 : Job Monitor : a single instance of Job Monitor that consolidates all jobs from all currently monitored instances.
- E200602-2 : Job Monitor : new metrics including, has steps, no history, success rate < 100%, successful job runs with failed job steps, has alerts, has targets, ms-db backup size, ms-db compressed backup size, number of deleted jobs since last poll.
- number of deleted jobs since last poll would additionally log the names of jobs missing.
- N210111-1 : Preferences : email authentication via OAuth2.
- N201014-1 : Job History : Gantt chart similar to Job Conflicts but for Job History.
- user selectable jobs; Gantt chart timeframe based on earliest job history log entry.
- N210112-1 : Insight Log : row header icons for long running jobs.
- E170517-1 : Job Conflicts : additional context menu items, job history.
- E200612-3 : Job History : access job properties.
- N181004-1 : Database Mail : purging of database mail items and mail log history.
- N171010-2 : Job Monitor : copy a job(s) between monitored SQL instances.
- N190802-1 : Job Monitor : multi-row selection of jobs to perform actions against selected jobs.
- N200827-2 : Preferences : notification quiet hours/days.
- N200822-1 : Insight : open the Job Monitor upon opening the Insight.
- E210103-1 : Insight Log : buttons similar to Log Viewer to filter entries based on severity.
- N210510-1 : Job Monitor : change owner of a job or multiple jobs.
- N210610-1 : Job Conflicts : a single instance of Job Conflicts that consolidates all jobs from all currently monitored instances.
- N210706-2 : Job Monitor : new column, Number of Alerts.
- N210706-1 : Schedules : new context menu with options, Job properties, Job history, Purge job history.