SQL Agent Insight:Roadmap
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Interested in knowing what I'm working on or thinking of implementing for the next version of SQL Agent Insight? Read more below.
- New feature
- Enhancement to existing feature
In Development / Researching
- N210330-1 : Azure SQL managed instance support
- E210228-3 : convert entire SQL Agent Insight project to .NET 6
- N210821-1 : Insight : new job metric showing successful jobs that have failed steps in the history.
- E210725-1 : Preferences : omit asking to create suspend/resume jobs when opening Job Monitor.
- N210913-1 : UI : implement column chooser for all data grids with a significant number of columns with ability to save layout.
- N210818-1 : Job Monitor : a single instance of Job Monitor that consolidates all jobs from all currently monitored instances.
- E200602-2 : Job Monitor : new metrics including, has steps, no history, success rate < 100%, successful job runs with failed job steps, has alerts, has targets, ms-db backup size, ms-db compressed backup size, number of deleted jobs since last poll.
- number of deleted jobs since last poll would additionally log the names of jobs missing.
- N210111-1 : Preferences : email authentication via OAuth2.
- N201014-1 : Job History : Gantt chart similar to Job Conflicts but for Job History.
- user selectable jobs; Gantt chart timeframe based on earliest job history log entry.
- E210112-1 : Insight Log : row header icons for long running jobs.
- E170517-1 : Job Conflicts : additional context menu items, job history.
- E200612-3 : Job History : access job properties.
- N181004-1 : Database Mail : purging of database mail items and mail log history.
- N171010-2 : Job Monitor : copy a job(s) between monitored SQL instances.
- N190802-1 : Job Monitor : multi-row selection of jobs to perform actions against selected jobs.
- N200827-2 : Preferences : notification quiet hours/days.
- N200822-1 : Insight : open the Job Monitor upon opening the Insight.
- E210103-1 : Insight Log : buttons similar to Log Viewer to filter entries based on severity.
- N210510-1 : Job Monitor : change owner of a job or multiple jobs.
- N210610-1 : Job Conflicts : a single instance of Job Conflicts that consolidates all jobs from all currently monitored instances.
- N210706-2 : Job Monitor : additional column, Number of Alerts.
- N210706-1 : Schedules : new context menu with options, Job properties, Job history, Purge job history.