SQL Agent Insight:Roadmap
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Interested in knowing what I'm working on or thinking of implementing for the next version of SQL Agent Insight? Read more below.
In Development / Researching
- N210330-1 : Azure SQL managed instance support
- N210821-1 :
*IN PROGRESS*Insight : new job metric showing the number of successful job outcomes that have failed steps from their most recent execution.
- N210913-1 : UI : implement column chooser for all data grids with a significant number of columns with ability to save layout.
Enhancement / Improvement
- E210228-3 : convert entire SQL Agent Insight project to .NET 6
- E210725-1 : Preferences : omit asking to create suspend/resume jobs when opening Job Monitor.
- E211016-1 : UI : update legacy taskbar notification icons.
- B211110-2 : Dashboard : Alarms category column no longer showing metric name. Affected versions 0.23.2109.0+
- N210818-1 : Job Monitor : a single instance of Job Monitor that consolidates all jobs from all currently monitored instances.
- N210111-1 : Preferences : email authentication via OAuth2.
- N201014-1 : Job History : Gantt chart similar to Job Conflicts but for Job History.
- user selectable jobs; Gantt chart timeframe based on earliest job history log entry.
- N181004-1 : Database Mail : purging of database mail items and mail log history.
- N171010-2 : Job Monitor : copy a job(s) between monitored instances.
- N190802-1 : Job Monitor : multi-row selection of jobs to perform actions against selected jobs.
- N200827-2 : Preferences/Insight Config : notification quiet hours/days.
- implement globally with configuration option to override per Insight.
- N200822-1 : Insight : open the Job Monitor upon opening the Insight.
- N210510-1 : Job Monitor : change owner of a job or multiple jobs.
- N210610-1 : Job Conflicts : a single instance of Job Conflicts that consolidates all jobs from all currently monitored instances.
- N210706-2 : Job Monitor : additional column, Number of Alerts.
- N210706-1 : Schedules : new context menu with options, Job properties, Job history, Purge job history.
- N211020-1 : Insight : logging of heartbeat messages toolbar indicator; blue/green heart icon.
- N211001-1 : track the last successful monitored date/time of an instance (i.e., when Insight first opens); store within PREVIOUSINSTANCES.XML. Use this information in the Previously Monitored Instances pane.
- N211018-1 : ability to open the Job Monitor without opening an Insight for monitoring from Connection dialog.
Enhancement / Improvement
- E200602-2 : Job Monitor : new metrics including, has steps, no history, success rate < 100%, successful job runs with failed job steps, has alerts, has targets, ms-db backup size, ms-db compressed backup size, number of deleted jobs since last poll.
- number of deleted jobs since last poll would additionally log the names of jobs missing.
- E210112-1 : Insight Log : row header icons for long running jobs.
- E170517-1 : Job Conflicts : additional context menu items, job history.
- E200612-3 : Job History : access job properties.
- E210103-1 : Insight Log : buttons similar to Log Viewer to filter entries based on severity.
- E211020-2 : UI : filter pane checkbox consistency (style/colors) to match filter popup dialogs.
- E211011-2 : Job History : remove CR and LF characters from message text for better appearance.
- E211011-3 : Suspended / Paused Jobs : ability to resume job(s) from this dialog. (checkbox column ??)
- E211014-1 : Job Properties : display the Job GUID.
- E211018-1 : Dashboard : ability to pick filter for alarms based on predefined time frames, e.g., past 24 hours, past 8 hours, etc. using a filter pane.
- E211018-2 : Dashboard : change Date column type from text to DateTime for better filtering options.
- E211020-1 : Log Viewer : change Log Date/Time column type from text to DateTime for better filtering options.
Ready for Next Release
- E211021-1 : Job Conflict Outlook : refactor to Job Conflicts.
- E200919-4 : About dialog license indicator; showing the number of days before expiry; if expiry date is approaching, tab icon is now present and number of days highlighted to bring focus.
- E211026-2 : verbiage for Suspend Job tooltip in Job Monitor is incorrect. Cannot extend job suspension from the context menu, therefore revised.
- E211026-1 : change verbiage in the suspend/resume create job dialog of Agent Job Monitor to Job Monitor.
- E211001-3 : Insight tabs context menu foreground color from white to black, easier to read.
- E211028-3 : Due to improved performance in release 0.23.2109.50, help verbiage on form and in pop-up help dialog changed to suit.
- B211005-1 : Exceptions can be thrown when/if the preferences xml, SQLAI_Preferences.XML, has been modified/deleted outside of SQL Agent Insight. Default preferences are assigned prior to loading to mitigate this issue. The preferences file should only be modified by SQL Agent Insight, however, we cannot prevent a user from doing so.
- E210718-1 : Remove CR and LF characters from description and body column data to prevent cell text wrapping. Database Mail Items; Database Mail Event Log
- B211110-1 : System.NullReferenceException: 'Object reference not set to an instance of an object.' may occur after closing an Insight. Resolved.
- B211110-2 : Dashboard : Alarms category column no longer showing metric name. Affected versions 0.23.2109.0, 0.23.2109.50