SQL Agent Insights is a monitoring and alerting utility for Microsoft’s SQL Server® Agent service.
With over 60 unique metrics, your team will be notified of any changes to your SQL Server® Agent infrastructure either visually and/or via email.
Here you will find documentation pages to aid in the use of SQL Agent Insights. For anything not yet documented, please reach out to me via the Contact page for any assistance required.
This wiki and subsequent pages are a work-in-progress and will evolve over time. Thank you.
- Download and Installation
- A Tour of the Main User Interface (UI)
- Connecting to a SQL Server® Instance
Working with an Insight
- Maintenance Mode
- Polling Frequency & Recent Timeframe
- Setting Metric Thresholds
- Context Menu Options
- Suspending a Job
- Create a new job - Coming Soon
- Editing an existing job - Coming Soon
- Job Properties - Coming Soon
Job Conflict Outlook
- Purge Job History - Coming Soon
Below are some older videos produced back for version 0.22 of SQL Agent Insight. While they turned out pretty good, the time to create them, (i.e., learning the software), took an extreme amount of time and resources to perfect the final outcome. They are included here for completeness. Enjoy.
Microsoft®, Windows® and SQL Server® are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.
Some icons courtesy of Icons8