SQL Agent Insight Requirements
|download SQL Agent Insight|
To successfully utilize all of the features that SQL Agent Insight has to offer, the following client side requirements must be met. SQL Agent Insight never installs anything on the monitored instance of SQL, though it does use some tempdb space.
SQL Agent Insight has been tested with SQL Server 2005 through to 2017.
Brentec always aims to support the latest version of the SQL platform within 6 months from the RTM release.
Use the links below to download the client side requirements if they are not already installed.
- Microsoft .NET 4.5.1 (or greater) and a supported operating system.
- Available at the Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.1 (Offline Installer) page.
- Windows Vista SP2 / 7 SP1 / 8 / 8.1 / 10
- Windows Server 2008 SP2 / 2008 R2 SP1 / 2012 / 2012 R2
Starting with version 0.20 of SQL Agent Insight, the Microsoft SQL Server Feature Pack is no longer required.
Instead, the project was built including the Microsoft.SqlServer.SqlManagementObjects package 140.17265.0 from nuget.org.
For the best possible experience while using SQL Agent Insight it is *highly* recommended to use a:
- Computer mouse and a minimum screen resolution of 1440 x 900.
Testing has been successfully done with the following operating systems:
- Windows 7 and 10
The following operating systems have not been tested extensively and will not be tested in the future, for the sake of time, and based on market share. If the requirements are met above, there is a pretty good chance SQL Agent Insight will function normally.
- Windows Vista SP2 or 8 or 8.1