SQL Agent Insight Requirements
To successfully utilize all of the features that SQL Agent Insight has to offer, the following client side requirements should be met. SQL Agent Insight uses a small amount of tempdb space, and if the option to suspend/resume agent jobs is chosen, SQL Agent Insight will create 2 custom agent jobs, 1 custom agent schedule, and 1 custom agent category, which are stored natively within msdb system database.
SQL Agent Insight has been tested with SQL Server 2005 through to 2019 RC1.
Brentec always aims to support the latest version of the SQL platform within 6 months from the RTM release.
Use the links below to download the client side requirements if they are not already installed.
- Microsoft .NET 4.6 (or greater) and a supported operating system.
- Available at the Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6 (Offline Installer) page.
- Windows Vista SP2 / 7 SP1 / 8 / 8.1 / 10
- Windows Server 2008 SP2 / 2008 R2 SP1 / 2012 / 2012 R2 / 2016
- .NET 4.6 replaces 4.0 through 4.5.2 and released on 2015-07-20.
Starting with version 0.20 of SQL Agent Insight, the Microsoft SQL Server Feature Pack is no longer required as a separate install.
Instead, the project was built including the Microsoft.SqlServer.SqlManagementObjects package 150.18118.0 (2019-04-20) from nuget.org.
For the best possible experience while using SQL Agent Insight it is *highly* recommended to use a:
- Computer mouse and a minimum screen resolution of 1440 x 900.
Testing and development has been successfully done with:
- Windows 10 (Version 1903 – OS build 18362.356), against
- a SQL Server collation of SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS
- other server collations have not been tested.
The following operating systems have not been tested extensively and will not be tested in the future, for the sake of time, and based on market share.
- Windows Vista SP2 / 7 / 8 / 8.1
If the requirements are met above, there is a pretty good chance SQL Agent Insight will function normally.