SQL Agent Insight Requirements
|download SQL Agent Insight|
To successfully utilize all of the features of SQL Agent Insight and to monitor a SQL Agent 2016 instance, the following client side requirements must be met. SQL Agent Insight never installs anything on the monitored instance of SQL, though it does use some tempdb space.
Use the links below to download the client side requirements if they are not already installed.
- Microsoft .NET 4.5.1 (or greater) and a supported operating system.
- Available at the Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.1 (Offline Installer) page.
- Windows Vista SP2 / 7 SP1 / 8 / 8.1 / 10
- Windows Server 2008 SP2 / 2008 R2 SP1 / 2012 / 2012 R2
- Microsoft SQL Server 2016 Feature Pack.
- Available at the Microsoft® SQL Server® 2016 Feature Pack site.
- When prompted to download, the components required in this feature pack include: SQLSysClrTypes.msi and SharedManagementObjects.msi. Please note that CLR Types is a prerequisite for the Shared Management Objects, so install this package first.
- If these requirements are already installed, they will be listed as
“Microsoft System CLR Types for SQL Server 2016” and
“Microsoft SQL Server 2016 Management Objects” in Add/Remove Programs or Programs and Features within the operating system.
For best possible experience while using SQL Agent Insight it is *highly* recommended to use a:
- Computer mouse,
- Minimum screen resolution of 1440 x 900.
Testing has been successfully done with the following operating systems:
- 7 (build 6.1.7601) | 10 (version 1607 build 14393.953)
The following operating systems have not been tested extensively and will not be tested in the future, for the sake of time, and based on market share. If the requirements are met above, there is a pretty good chance SQL Agent Insight will function normally.
- Vista SP2 | 8 | 8.1