SQL Agent Insights uses a small amount of temp db space, and if the option to suspend/resume jobs is chosen, SQL Agent Insights will create 2 custom agent jobs, 1 custom agent schedule, and 1 custom agent category.
SQL Agent Insights has been tested with SQL Server® 2012 through 2022.
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.8.1 Runtime
- Offline installer available at: https://dotnet.microsoft.com/en-us/download/dotnet-framework/net481
- Windows 11, Windows 10 22H2, 21H2, 21H1, 20H2 or Windows Server 2022
SQL Agent Insights also uses the following NuGet packages and their dependencies:
- Microsoft.Data.SqlClient package 5.1.1 (March 28, 2023)
- Microsoft.SqlServer.SqlManagementObjects (SMO) package 170.13 (February 1, 2023)
- Syncfusion packages 21.1.35 (March 23, 2023)
For the best possible experience while using SQL Agent Insights it is highly recommended to use:
- Microsoft® Windows® 10+ or Microsoft® Windows Server® 2016+
- Computer mouse and a minimum screen resolution of 1440 x 900
Testing and development has been successfully done with:
- Windows® 10 (Version 22H2 – OS build 19045.3448), against
- a SQL Server® collation of SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS
- Other server collations have not been tested.
Based on market share and time, other operating systems have not been tested and will not be tested in the future. However, if the above requirements are met, there is a pretty good chance SQL Agent Insights will function normally on the aforementioned operating systems.