Version 0.21.1909.0 (released: October 21, 2019)
- Successful testing has been completed with SQL Server® 2019 RC1.
- Enumeration and visibility of SQL Server® 2019 instances on same local networking segment as SQL Agent Insight.
- The project now targets .NET 4.6 Framework.
- Agent Job Monitor
- The ability to pause / suspend the execution of a job for a set amount of time.
- The ability to purge job history; for an individual job, a set of filtered jobs, or for all jobs in a monitored instance.
- Job History
- The ability to purge job history for the job being viewed.
- Proxies Summary
- A view showing all SQL agent proxies for the monitored instance, any job steps and principals that reference the proxy. Additionally, when a job step is selected, the respective command from the job step is shown, instead of viewing the job properties.
- 5 new proxy metrics are being monitored within each Insight:
- Total proxies, enabled proxies, disabled proxies, proxies without any job steps, and proxies without any principals assigned.
- The ability to start an Insight directly in maintenance mode. This was implemented to allow initial metric threshold configuration prior to the Insight firing e-mail alerts.
- SMO (SQL Server® Management Objects) v150.181180.0 assemblies included in the distribution.
- There was the ability to open more than one job history window per job. This has been reduced to one job history window open per job.
- When a script was produced and the option to save was cancelled, an output file without a file extension continued to be written to disk.
- Agent Job Monitor
- Previously it was not possible to script a job without any steps.
- Some context menu options appeared when a job was not in focus.
- Background job name verification is more extensive. User is alerted sooner if a job is renamed to a job name that already exists.
- An unhandled exception could appear during an attempt to connect to an instance.