SQL Agent Insight uses a small amount of temp db space, and if the option to suspend/resume jobs is chosen, SQL Agent Insight will create 2 custom agent jobs, 1 custom agent schedule, and 1 custom agent category.
SQL Agent Insight has been tested with SQL Server® 2012 through 2019.
- Microsoft® .NET 4.8 (or greater) and a supported operating system are required.
- Microsoft® .NET Framework 4.8 (offline installer) was released on April 18, 2019.
- .NET Framework 4.8 is preinstalled on Windows 10 1903+
- .NET Framework 4.8 is not preinstalled on any Windows Server operating systems
- .NET Framework 4.8 can be installed on Windows 10 1607/1703/1709/1803 and 1809, Windows 8.1, Windows 7 SP1
- .NET Framework 4.8 can be installed on Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1, 2012, 2012 R2, 2016, versions 1709/1803/1809, and 2019
- .NET 4.8 replaces .NET 4.0 through 4.7.2 and more information can be found on the .NET Framework version history page on Wikipedia.
SQL Agent Insight also uses and was compiled with the following NuGet packages:
- Microsoft.Data.SqlClient package 2.1.2 (March 3, 2021)
- Microsoft.Identity.Client package 4.29.0 (March 30, 2021)
- Microsoft.SqlServer.SqlManagementObjects (SMO) package 161.46041.41 (January 2, 2021)
- Newtonsoft.Json package 11.0.1 (February 17, 2018)
- Syncfusion packages 18.104.22.168 (May 12, 2021)
For the best possible experience while using SQL Agent Insight it is highly recommended to use:
- Microsoft® Windows® 10 or Microsoft® Windows Server® 2016+
- Computer mouse and a minimum screen resolution of 1440 x 900
Testing and development has been successfully done with:
- Windows® 10 (Version 21H1 – OS build 19043.1237), against
- a SQL Server® collation of SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS
- Other server collations have not been tested.
Based on market share and time, other operating systems have not been tested and will not be tested in the future. However, if the above requirements are met, there is a pretty good chance SQL Agent Insight will function normally on the aforementioned operating systems.