SQL Agent Insight uses a small amount of tempdb space, and if the option to suspend/resume agent jobs is chosen, SQL Agent Insight will create 2 custom agent jobs, 1 custom agent schedule, and 1 custom agent category, which are stored natively within msdb system database.
SQL Agent Insight has been tested with SQL Server® 2012 through 2019.
- Microsoft® .NET 4.7.2 (or greater) and a supported operating system are required.
- Available at the Microsoft® .NET Framework 4.7.2 (web installer) released on April 30, 2018.
- .NET 4.7.2 is included with Windows 10 v1803-v1809 and Windows Server v1803-v1809 and 2019.
- .NET 4.7.2 can be installed on Windows 7 SP1, 8.1 Update, 10 v1607-v1709 and Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1, 2012, 2012 R2 Update, 2016, v1709.
- .NET 4.7.2 replaces .NET 4.0 through 4.7.1 and more information can be found on the .NET Framework version history page on Wikipedia.
SQL Agent Insight was compiled with:
- Microsoft.SqlServer.SqlManagementObjects (SMO) package 161.41011.9 (Jul 22, 2020)
- Syncfusion Controls package 18.104.22.168 (Jul 6, 2020)
For the best possible experience while using SQL Agent Insight it is highly recommended to use:
- Microsoft® Windows® 10 or Microsoft® Windows Server® 2016+
- Computer mouse and a minimum screen resolution of 1440 x 900
Testing and development has been successfully done with:
- Windows® 10 (Version 1909 – OS build 18363.1082), against
- a SQL Server® collation of SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS
- Other server collations have not been tested.
Based on market share and time, other operating systems have not been tested and will not be tested in the future. However, if the above requirements are met, there is a pretty good chance SQL Agent Insight will function normally on the aforementioned operating systems.